Tuesday, October 7, 2008

E-mails, we get e-mails...

I've gotten e-mails from all over the country since (the event we won't speak of), but this is one that really touched me. It was from an Angels fan...

As a fan of the *other* team that really deserved to advance to the World Series this year, I just want you to know that I think you've got a great site here. I'm a believer in history and think that what you've done to present it, both in content and in tone, is excellent.

So many other teams - including the Angels - have gotten spoiled by frequent trips to the playoffs and become unjustly frustrated by not getting to the World Series every time they think they are due. We gotta remember there are 29 other teams out there also working for that goal and that the joy of the sport is an important part of the reward, regardless of how the season ends.

For what it's worth, I really do hope that the Cubs make it to the World Series soon. And as much as I'd like to see the Angels go back too, I kinda hope that we never have to face the Cubs there, at least until the Cubs finally notch another World Championship for themselves. I just know that the all the world except our own fans would be rooting for the Cubs. And if the Cubs play anyone but the Angels (loyalty is loyalty), I'll be rooting for them too.

Best Regards,
Mark